Whangaroa Harbour, Northland NZ
Magnificent picturesque inland harbour with a relaxed fishing village atmosphere. Protected by dramatic rock formations, the harbour offers all weather boating, kayaking, and fishing. Dolphin sightings from Waimanu Lodge are not infrequent. We have even seen a pod of Orca (killer whales) on one occasion.
A truly majestic place, positioned 30km north of Kerikeri in the Bay of Islands and a short trip by boat to the beautiful Cavalli Islands.
- Whangaroa Harbour is well positioned en route to the Far North and Cape Reinga.
- The sandy beaches of Tauranga Bay, Taupo Bay, Matauri Bay and Coopers Beach are all near by.
- The golf courses of Kauri Cliffs, Carrington, Kerikeri and Whangaroa are also in the area.
- Mangonui Harbour and the Karikari Peninsular in Doubtless Bay are a short drive north.
- We are also well positioned en route to the Hokianga Harbour and the Waipoua Kauri forest (Tane Mahuta) on the West Coast.