Whangaroa Harbour, Northland NZ
Magnificent picturesque inland harbour with a relaxed fishing village atmosphere. Protected by dramatic rock formations, the harbour offers all weather boating, kayaking, and fishing. Dolphin sightings from Waimanu Lodge are not infrequent. We even see Orca (killer whales) on occasion.
A truly majestic place, positioned 30km north of Kerikeri in the Bay of Islands and a short trip by boat to the beautiful Cavalli Islands.
- Whangaroa Harbour is well positioned en route to the Far North and Cape Reinga.
- The sandy beaches of Tauranga Bay, Taupo Bay, Matauri Bay and Coopers Beach are all near by.
- The golf courses of Kauri Cliffs, Carrington, Kerikeri and Whangaroa are also in the area.
- Mangonui Harbour and the Karikari Peninsular in Doubtless Bay are a short drive north.
- We are also well positioned en route to the Hokianga Harbour and the Waipoua Kauri forest (Tane Mahuta) on the West Coast.
- Kayaking, snapper fishing, Game Fishing Charters, Diving Charters, Harbour Cruises and Eco Walks are all available in Whangaroa.
- The renowned St Pauls walk, with it’s magnificent harbour views is right on our doorstep.
- Your hosts would be happy to help you arrange any of these activities.
The Far North, including Karikari Peninsular, Kaitaia, Ninety Mile Beach and Cape Reinga are all accessible for day trippers.